How to Create an Entry
- Entries must be entered using the entry online tool. The electronic form cannot be altered or modified in any way. No other form or substitution will be accepted.
- Create a new entry: Click on Submit Entry and choose New Entry. Then choose the category that you would like to enter your work into.
Enter the details of your entry, including a description and credits. IMPORTANT: you can save your incomplete Entry Form at any point and return at a later stage.
- You will have the option to upload and add media to your entries during this process (video files, audio files, jpegs). You can also add media at a later stage.
- Before payment you have the opportunity to review your entries. You can also Edit, Delete or Add entries at this point.
- Once you've created and checked all your entries, you can proceed to payment. Payment can only be by Bank Transfer.
- Entries will not be considered completed until full payment has been made.
To make your life easier, we have compiled our six key points to remember when preparing your APA entry, always remembering our judging criteria:
- Innovation (is it fresh? Is it groundbreaking?)
- Execution (is it well-executed? Is it beautifully crafted?)
- Relevance to the brand, target audience and the medium.
6 STEPS TO WINNING AN APA AWARD:
- Start with a great idea. No matter how well your entry is presented, if the idea isn’t strong, the judges will see through it.
- Keep it simple. Focus on the core message – what was great, why it’s relevant and how you did it.
- Don’t create work with the sole purpose of winning an award. It needs to be relevant and have purpose. The judges will see through an Integrated Campaign for Joe’s Chip Shop.
- Study the Categories and know where to enter.
- Make your stats relevant. Many presentations offer laundry lists of Facebook likes and increased sales as evidence that the campaign was relevant to the brand and the market. But stats need a context to make sense. Pin them to something the judges can relate to. Again, don’t ask the judges to work hard to figure out what makes your campaign worthy of winning.
- A bad presentation could lose you an award. The APA judges are looking at a lot of work. If your presentation makes it difficult for them to see why your campaign is innovative, well-executed and relevant, it won’t win.
In summary, your entry needs to demonstrate that the work is worthy of the APA. Produce outstanding work, and present it well, and you’ll add more statues to your trophy cabinet - and more clients to your portfolio!
We're always available to assist you. If you have any queries when submitting your entry, please contact our office using the details at the bottom of this page.
Use the menu on the left to submit a new entry, browse categories and check entry criteria.