OU1A. OUTDOOR & OUT OF HOME
The Outdoor & Out of Home category includes the following media:
- Outdoor Media
All fixed outdoor media spaces, including billboards, electronic screens, bus shelters and street pole advertising.
- Ambient & Alternative Media
All free-format, non-traditional forms of media, including: building wraps, handouts, kiosks, murals, merchandising, never before used media, playing fields, promotional giveaways and sampling. NOTE: EXCLUDES activations using live actors/performers, which should be entered in ‘Live Events, Activations and Sponsorship – Live Activations’
Includes all in-store promotional media including all areas common to the in-store environment: elevators, point-of-purchase, promotional branding, stair risers, trolleys, washroom advertising, window displays. NOTE: EXCLUDES Posters that are on display in store, which should be entered in the ‘Indoor Poster’ category.
- Transit & Air
Includes anything involving a road vehicle (cars, bikes, buses, taxis, trains, trucks) or flying and floating objects (aeroplanes, blimps, helicopters, inflatables, hot-air balloons).
- Direct Mail
Flat and 3D media delivered via post, courier or hand-delivery including: cards, catalogues, gifts, invitations, promotions, samples, etc.
OUTDOOR & OUT OF HOME
No physical entries will be allowed for this category: You can submit a video and/or a jpeg presentation.
WE WILL NOT ACCEPT REPLACEMENT MATERIAL, so please make sure that the version you have uploaded or sent to us is the correct and final material.
DO NOT PLACE YOUR NAME OR YOUR AGENCY BRANDING ON YOUR ENTRY
As all work is judged anonymously, you must ensure that no reference to your agencyis included on the entry.
SINGLE ENTRIES – must be entered individually. For example, three posters that are part of a campaign theme must be entered as individual entries, not all as one entry. If in the opinion of the jury, several pieces constitute a campaign, then these entries will be combined into one campaign award. However, for street pole entries, if one communication is executed across three boards, then enter all three boards as one entry.
a. IF USING JPEGS: MAXIMUM OF 10 JPEGS ALLOWED.
- High resolution (300dpi) jpegs ONLY.
- Minimum width must be 2400 pixels.
- Maximum file size is 10MB per image.
- The presentation images will be a summary of your entry and will be used for judging, as well as on screen at the awards ceremony, should your work win.
- If there is text included on your images, please make sure that it is readable when presented to an audience of approximately 15 people. The image will be projected and viewed at a distance of at least 3 to 5 meters.
- For work with small detail and/or logos that need to be seen by the jury, submit close up images.
- Keep the text to a minimum as judges won’t be able to read long paragraphs of text on the screen. Use the ‘description’ section on the entry form for additional information about the entry.
- Upload Jpegs via our online entry system – you can choose to upload as you create your entry or you can upload at a later stage.
b. IF USING VIDEO, you can provide footage of the entry itself, as well as supporting information about your work. Please follow the TV, Film & Video preparation guidelines. Overview videos must be limited to 2 minutes. If it is felt necessary, the full-length work may accompany the 2-minute overview.
We recommend that a 30 second edit is also provided for the awards ceremony.